setting up and cleaning Recommendations
To reap the full benefits of VICARD products, we recommend following this practical advice prior to using the Tanks and Casks for setting up and cleaning. Taking these precautions will ensure that your Tanks and Casks satisfy your expectations.
setting up Recommendations : putting in water
1. Filling your Vicard tank/cask with fresh and clean water (filtered, unchlorinated)
Caution: Don’t let water stagnate. Let swell the wood for a maximum of 5 days with the same water.
2. Once the watertightness controled, empty the tank/cask and dry perfectly the inside thanks to a ventilator.
3. Sanitize with a solution PHMB* based (4g/l and alimentary ethanol 355 g/l).
4. If the tank/cask once contained wine :
- Once dried, put sulfur inside (1 g/hl; consult your wine expert).
- Once sulfured, well close hermetically.
5. Leave one week at rest, rinse the tank before using.
6. When the container is dry, the tank/cask is ready to use.
cleaning Recommendations :
Immediately after use, rinse the inside of your Vicard tank/cask with clear water:
1. Apply steam at 70°C in consecutive 15’ phases.
2. Rinse with fresh water the inside for 30’.
3. Clean carefully with a polyethylene brush.
4. Rinse with fresh water.
5. Dry (put a fan inside if necessary).
6. Sanitize with a solution PHMB* based (4g/l and alimentary ethanol 355 g/l).
7. Put sulfur inside (1 g/hl per month if it is not used immediately / consult your wine expert).
8. Well close hermetically and carefully the container.
* Biguanide HexaMethylene Polymer
Download this sheet